Laird Careers Careers
Production Operator I
Under direct supervision, the Production Operator I is responsible for, but not limited to, performing production operations including, use of equipment to meet company standards for quality and quantity on a rotating basis to produce high quality products in a timely manner to ensure total customer satisfaction.Responsibilities
- With guidance from senior operators, learns and performs all operations on machines, operating equipment, and production fixtures.
- Read blue prints to determine instructions and part specifications. Read work orders, follow engineering drawings and/or receive verbal instructions regarding duties.
- Monitors inventory of chemicals, materials and supplies used in processes.
- Assemble parts and/or raw materials according to blueprints meeting quality and quantity objectives. Assemble raw materials specified for production runs. May operate soldering equipment.
- Assemble, position and align parts in specified relationship to each other.
- Verify part accuracy by using various measuring equipment and gauges.
- Complete necessary paperwork on line as needed.
- Know daily goals and targets to meet.
- Quality check parts in the assigned process or monitor and adjust process for best manufacturing result.
- Rotation to all departmental jobs with this job classification.
- Attend training as required.
- Adheres to quality and safety systems or maintenance of quality and safety standards.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Attention to detail.
- Must have good or corrected eyesight to insure quality of work.
- Ability to use both hands for repetitive wrist, hand, and finger motions.
- Ability to work with a variety of glues, solvents, and chemicals.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs on an occasional basis.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple work instructions, engineering drawings and company policies.
- Ability to perform simple math problems such as addition and subtraction of 2-3 digit numbers.
- High School education or GED equivalent is preferred. No prior experience or training is required.
- Experience working in assembly of small components, keyboarding, checking, for manual dexterity preferred.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.