Laird Careers Careers
Territory Sales Manager (Northeastern U.S.)
Based in a home office environment, the Territory Sale Manager (TSM) will have responsibility for the selling of all PM products within an assigned geographic territory. Directly manage and coordinate activities of Field Application Engineers, Technical Sales Engineers, Program Managers, assigned distributors and indirect Manufacturers Representatives in such a way to meet planned goals and objectives.Responsibilities
- Develop new business relationships by personally presenting to major accounts within assigned territory a description of the company, its products, and capabilities.
- Develop and maintain sales by exploring and qualifying existing accounts as well as following up on leads resulting from marketing prospecting efforts.
- Instruct and train, distributors, and Manufactures Representatives in the selling of products and services.
- Maintain a professional business rapport with accounts even under less than desirable conditions.
- Maintain accurate up to date records and files on all major accounts including sales data, quote records, and customer contacts.
- Provide accurate feedback to management on missed quotes and future trends.
- Coordinate activities with Inside Sales Teams to maximize our ability to close on new business opportunities.
- Revenue forecast entry and maintenance.
- Customer project management and assignment via the company’s Customer Relationship Management (CMR) System
- Work directly with appropriate personnel on a plan to include target accounts, revenue potential, product development requirements, and other resource requirements.
- Represent the company at various trade shows.
- Provide assurance to management that all policies are carried out accurately.
- Perform other duties as assigned or necessary to meet business objectives.
- Adheres to quality and safety systems or maintenance of quality and safety standards.
- Accelerated experience with Microsoft Office Software including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- BA or higher degree or prior work experience in lieu of formal education.
- Minimum 5 years of combined experience in sales in the electronics industry.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience dealing with and calling on mechanical/electrical designers within major OEM accounts.
- Direct Customer, Channel, and Territory Sales and Sales Management Experience (preferred)
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.