Laird Careers Careers
Lead and manage Sourcing Engineers, Sourcing specialists, and Sr. Buyers during the TTM or TTC part of the life cycle. Sourcing Managers focused on NPI/TTM (Design Sourcing Manager) ensure the design sourcing team aligns the product and program requirements with the Commodity and Manufacturing strategy during TTM / NPI product life cycle state. Drives the sourcing solutions for the supply of required materials and tooling for manufacturing programs, while ensuring cost considerations are optimized, and supplier capacity, capability, quality and production locations will support introduction and foreseeable production phase requirements. Sourcing managers and their organizations align functionally, strategically, and to goals / initiatives to accomplish overall Laird Technology Procurement and Sourcing objectives during TTM and TTC lifecycle phase.Responsibilities
- Develops and drives sourcing goals and efforts in the context of a Global Commodity strategy. Accountable to ensure new program team sources from qualified suppliers, achieves minimum of 2 sources of supply , achieves intro goal DM and total landed costs
- Research global sourcing solutions for needed components. Request / negotiate price quotes and delivery time. Sources off of Approved Supplier List and/or collaborates to establish new suppliers as required by the program.
- Monitor departmental, functional goals (3CQL) and company goals for which sourcing has responsibility
- Coordinate procurement of special material for special projects and engineering samples for new technology
- Develop and ready existing/new suppliers to achieve material, volume, location, capacity requirements. Ensures supplier audits are completed/passed, and strategizes with QA as required to improve and ensure supplier quality
- Work with Quality to ensure that monthly supplier performance during NPI phase. In addition, that supplier issues are being resolved before introduction. Engages commodity managers if required.
- Implement supplier changes, monitor their success or failure, and make adjustments as needed
- Familiarizes themselves and maintains required knowledge level to be successful with new technology that would be of use in a production manufacturing facility
- Achieve cycle time reduction on operations with vendors by involving Laird’s Process and Manufacturing Engineers if required to achieve TTM and TTC targets.
- Work with Sourcing, Commodity Management, Design Engineering and Quality to improve the available and selected supplier base. Certifies any new suppliers in line with supplier selection and ASL process.
- Closely collaborates with Commodity Managers, Materials, Production, Engineering and supports commodity 3CQL roadmaps to achieve PBIT, and Customer satisfaction objectives.
- Communicate with Sales, and Design Engineering to ensure new and existing materials reduces company’s overall risk exposure in the supply chain.
- Establish best practices & deploy effective risk assessment, process and capacity verification processes
- Monitor and evaluate performance of employees, personnel requirements, selection, training
- Oversee and delegate work loads of employees, ensure projects, and assignments achieve goals/targets.
- Provide feedback to appropriate departments on ability to meet customer requirements
- Lead or participate in department meetings to communicate status, drive plans/projects/goals/accountabilities.
- Enforce company and functional processes, policies and safety regulations; discipline as necessary
- Adheres to quality and safety systems or maintenance of quality and safety standards.
- Strong leadership, organizational, and planning skills.
- Basic finance and communication skills, working knowledge of relevant industries associated with supply base.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Complete understanding and experience with integrated manufacturing software systems, i.e. ERP, MRP
- BA / BS degree (BS degree preferred), MBA preferred
- 10 years sourcing, supplier management/negotiation inventory, production control, and/or supervisory experience
- 5 years Management experience
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.