Laird Careers Careers
EMC Technician II
Based in Cedarburg, WI, Laird is seeking an Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) Technician with a background in electronics. As a member of the Test Services team, the candidate will perform testing for a variety of systems and equipment over various industries. Products can range from simple consumer products, wireless modules, and small vehicles, to complex medical devices, industrial systems, and cutting-edge RF technology.Responsibilities
- Perform electromagnetic compatibility pre-compliance/compliance testing
- Receive instructions from and report data to project engineers
- Communicate with clients during the setup and performance of a test
- Perform routine maintenance of designated test equipment and laboratory areas
- Perform validation and verification of tests and equipment.
- Manage shipping and receiving test equipment and customer products
- Operate forklift
- Manage laboratory consumables
- Familiarity with EMC/EMI testing
- Familiarity with test equipment like oscilloscopes, EMI receivers, Spectrum and Network analyzers, etc.
- Positive attitude and ability to maintain a high degree of professionalism
- An ability to adapt to changes, delays, and unexpected events is important
- Strong interpersonal skills are required; with the ability to work both independently, and as part of a team
- Solid written/verbal communication skills
- Computer and technical skills, including competency in the Microsoft Office suite of products
- General understanding of operating in an ISO 17025 accredited laboratory environment is a plus
- Associate's degree with 3+ years of technician experience
- Bachelor's degree with 1+ years of technician experience
- Experience may be substituted in lieu of education
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.