Laird Careers Careers
EMC Technician III
Based in Cedarburg, WI, Laird is seeking an experienced technician with a background in EMC Testing and wireless certification. As a member of the Test Services team, the candidate will perform testing for a variety of systems and equipment over various industries. Products can range from simple consumer products, wireless modules, and small vehicles, to complex medical devices, industrial systems, and cutting-edge RF technology.Responsibilities
- Perform electromagnetic compatibility and wireless certification pre-compliance/compliance testing
- Receive instructions from and report data to project engineers
- Communicate with clients during the setup and performance of a test
- Author simple test reports
- Performs routine maintenance of designated test equipment and laboratory areas
- Perform validation and verification of tests and equipment.
- Manage laboratory consumables
- Mentor/coach junior technicians.
- Experience performing EMC/EMI and wireless testing
- Hands-on experience with test equipment such as oscilloscopes, EMI receivers, Spectrum and Network analyzers, etc.
- Positive attitude and ability to maintain a high degree of professionalism
- An ability to adapt to changes, delays, and unexpected events is important
- Strong interpersonal skills are required; with the ability to work both independently, and as part of a team
- Solid written/verbal communication skills
- Computer and technical skills, including competency in the Microsoft Office suite of products
- Industry certifications, such as iNARTE, are highly desired
- Experience with EMC software such as Nexio BATEMC, Compliance 5, and/or TILE is a plus
- General understanding of operating in an ISO 17025 accredited laboratory environment is a plus
- Associate's degree with 5+ years of relevant experience
- Bachelor's degree with 3+ years of relevant experience
- Directly applicable experience may be substituted in lieu of education
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.