Laird Careers Careers
Global Product Manager - Cloud & Analytics
Based in Schaumburg (IL) or Cedarburg (WI), with the ability to translate strategy into action, the Product Manager is the guiding force for meeting the regional growth, profitability and return on investment objectives for Laird’s cloud and analytics strategy development and product/service implementation. This role will have primary global responsibility for developing the strategic plan for his or her products; Integrating the plan with global, regional and functional teams; Obtaining necessary approvals for human and financial resources from management; and Achieving the agreed upon goals through the broader Segment /Division organization.Responsibilities
- Plans, leads and manages the entire life of a cloud/software product/service from the identification of market opportunities through design development, product/service launch, market penetration and growth as well as the end of life phase (aftermarket)
- Identification of new product opportunities in the cloud and analytics domains from technology and customer trends and completing analysis of internal technologies and capabilities to meet identified market growth areas and new market requirements.
- Identify, create, and manage strategic partnerships in support of the strategic objectives (e.g. AWS, Azure).
- Manages and drives product line results in their region including, all channels of distribution, strategic partnerships, all market segments and to all customers.
- Identifies and communicates business strategy resulting from a thorough understanding of our customer’s requirements, the competitive environment and the Laird core competencies for each related product/service.
- Identifies and develops new applications for products/services.
- Drives regional pricing, working with sales management to insure that the appropriate level of pricing authority and accountability is in place to allow Laird to respond to competitive opportunities and threats
- Provides product/service and application training, including competitive strategies and responses, for all appropriate Laird sales channels.
- Assists and monitors the execution of key new business initiatives and opportunities to achieve growth in profitable sales.
- Defines product/service requirements and specifications.
- Recommendations for funding of product development efforts.
- Maximize the effective use of existing assets and maximize the return on investment for the product line globally.
- Provide a foundation for service and scalability planning by developing a forecast of demand by product/service.
- Adheres to quality and safety systems or maintenance of quality and safety standards.
- Establish product cost, quality and delivery requirements.
- Establish a marketing communication and promotional strategy for the product line.
- Ability to strategically plan future product and service opportunities and demonstrate strong entrepreneurial skills in translating those plans into commercially successful and profitable product offerings.
- Previous experience with leading cloud and analytic vendors such as AWS, IBM, Azure, etc.
- Direct experience in the creation and development of cloud and/or analytics platforms is strongly preferred.
- Strong communication skills, orally and written, excellence in driving urgency and clarity at multiple levels within an organization
- Work across functional lines to translate market trends and opportunities into supported business plans.
- Up to 50% travel may be required in order to meet these business objectives.
- BA/BS in a technical field. An advanced business degree is desired
- 5+ years' experience in disciplines including product management and software/cloud development.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.