Laird Careers Careers
Technical Writer I
Based in Akon, OH and under direct supervision, the Technical Writer I will be responsible for writing and editing technical publications, providing graphic designs, diagrams and charts and overseeing the preparation of all materials.Responsibilities
- Assists with the creation and revisions to operational, instructional, maintenance or test procedures for paper, multimedia or web-based publication.
- May conduct interviews with various users and technical staff to gather data for documentation.
- Researches and translates technical information into manuals and/or web-based documents for nontechnical and technical users.
- May document engineering processes and specifications.
- Recommends formats responsive to technical and customer requirements.
- Produces products that conform to the company documentation and quality assurance standards.
- Experience in technical writing and editing.
- Experience with word processing, desktop publishing, spreadsheets, and graphics design and presentation programs.
- Experience with researching and eliciting information.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with developing sound business methods and processes and experience with identifying and implementing best practices.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Three years of technical writing or similar experience
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.