Laird Careers Careers
Electrical Engineering Intern
Laird is seeking interns with an interest in working in a unique design environment that specializes in RF products and design services. This is an opportunity to work within a team environment with other design engineers such as; embedded firmware, mobile applications, PCB CAD, antenna design, industrial design, mechanical design, and EMC.
This opportunity would focus on assisting the RF hardware design team with an emphasis developing common wireless technologies such as Bluetooth, BLE, WIFI, ZIGBEE, etc.
• Assist RF design engineers in establishing test setups to perform design validation
• Perform RF measurements such as conducted transmit (TX) power, RX sensitivity, etc.
• Program DUTs for specific use cases
• Document creation to participate in proper test & documentation procedures
• Logistical support with materials and interfacing with other engineers across campuses
• Gain a knowledge in key antenna performance indicators while assisting antenna design engineers with antenna chamber scans
• Assist in preparation and control or manipulation of DUTs for thermal, environmental, and EMC testing of DUTs
• Participate in team design reviews
• Interface with Project Mangers to learn various engineering processes
• Work with a Technician on various roles and responsibilities to support a project
• The ability to adhere to an agreed upon work schedule
• Verbal communication skills to articulate capability, issues, and progress of assignments
• Technical writing and documentational skills
• Positive attitude and ability to maintain a high degree of professionalism
• Basic understanding of electrical schematics, symbols, and PCB layout structure
• Interpersonal skills and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• The ability to interface professionally with associates at all levels of an organization
• Comprehension of electrical engineering concepts, principles, and theory; including documentation practices
• Hands-on understanding of test equipment such as oscilloscopes, signal analyzers, and network analyzers or VNAs
Currently enrolled in a BS EE, EET, or similar engineering discipline with a course completion exceeding AC circuits looking to apply and gain knowledge in the RF field.Other
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.