Laird Careers Careers
Senior Marketing Manager
With a preferred location of Schaumburg, IL; Durham, NC; or Akron, OH, the Senior Marketing Manager will be responsible for managing and coordinating a wide range of activities to support Division marketing initiatives, both internal and external. The role will work across the entire global division structure to develop and execute promotional activities including print and electronic advertising plans, PR distribution, trade show plans, and related activities; including establishing metrics and processes to measure and ensure delivery of ROI. In addition, it will be responsible for overall management, contract negotiation, vendor selection, and execution of global sales meetings and other business meetings as required.Responsibilities
- Know Division sales/marketing/brand strategies and link all activities to the strategic plans.
- Prepare tradeshow plans, and work with all division businesses to execute tradeshows within their budgets. Book space, manage logistics, monitor show-manager plans including staffing and support, coordinate PR. Perform follow up including ensuring creation of metrics to evaluate
- Prepare advertising plans and work with all Division businesses to place advertising within their budgets by negotiating insertion rates to maximize ROI. Perform follow up including lead capture and lead generation metrics.
- Run entire process for Division sales meetings and related business meetings, including executing within budget by negotiating supplier contracts, coordination of all internal and external resources, and detailed planning.
- Manage process to provide promotional items for tradeshow give-aways, Laird Technologies branded clothing for events, and related items to sales teams and other departments as needed.
- Manages and monitors all plans using Project Management and resource tracking tools (software TBD); communicating team resource updates and assisting with resource/staffing forecasts
- Manage lists of editorial contacts, distribute all PR, including managing process for translations as needed.
- Assist in preparation of marketing plans, budgets, and other meeting schedules.
- Prepare budget reviews, presentations, status reports, and other projects as required.
- Point of contact with vendors associated with all marketing projects
- Manage execution of department budget including administration of all purchasing, tracking of expenses to budget categories, and providing reports to Division leadership as required.
- PC excellence in Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding time-management and interpersonal skills with excellent attention to detail in grammar, content, and budgetary concerns
- Experience with project management tools
- Ability to manage and track resources against a budget
- Must work independently and as part of a team, handling high pressure deadlines
- Must interact effectively and comfortably with both senior management and staff
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- 5-10 years professional experience in marketing, public relations or related fields
- Familiarity with high-tech environment, electronics industries, and/or B2B marketing preferred
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.