Laird Careers Careers
Marketing Communications Specialist
Based in Akron, OH and under general supervision, the Marketing Communications Specialist will develop timely, consistent and flexible marketing communications tools for supporting product managers, sales channels and other functional areas.Responsibilities
- Develop and implement marketing communications tactics to support product strategies.
- Coordinate, create, write and place press releases, technical stories and case histories by working with product managers, market leaders and agency.
- Coordinate with product managers, market leaders, and outside vendors to produce sales collateral materials such as catalogs, brochures, spec sheets, newsletters and other print items in a timely, value conscious manner.
- Project management; from initial concept through copy writing and publication of various sales tools, including catalogs, brochures, spec sheets, web content, advertising, public relations, newsletters, direct mailers and electronic media.
- Support trade shows by planning, coordinating and implementing logistics with product manager(s) and/or sales force. (Travel to trade show sites when necessary.)
- Produce and provide art direction for sales collateral, advertising, web site and trade show graphics.
- Coordinate activities and projects with outside vendors including advertising agency, literature fulfillment, printers, etc.
- Adheres to quality and safety systems or maintenance of quality and safety standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated understanding and practical application of Microsoft Office software programs.
- Demonstrated understanding and practical application of graphics programs including Quark Express, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Acrobat.
- Working knowledge of printing process, photography and print layout.
- Demonstrated ability to interface with vendors, product managers, market leaders, sales channels and internal customers such as Human Resources.
- Demonstrated ability to comprehend technical subject matter.
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Demonstrated ability to multi task and prioritize work schedules to meet project due dates.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, media, communications, journalism or equivalent.
- Two or more years’ industrial, business-to-business or internal corporate communications experience.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.