Laird Careers Careers
Tool & Die Apprentice
Under direct supervision, the Tool & Die Apprentice performs assigned duties involved with building, debugging, analyzing, altering and correcting new tools and production tools in a time frame that fully satisfies established lead times and production schedules with supervision.Responsibilities
- Work from blueprints, sketches, concepts and verbal instructions to devise and build dies, jigs, fixture and tooling to meet requirements.
- Operates conventional tool room machinery and equipment and possesses an understanding of the basic operation [eg. mill, grinder, etc]
- Assist with performing first piece part inspection from tool tryouts in order to evaluate tooling performance to required specifications..
- Assist with diagnose and correct die and tooling difficulties.
- Use tool room precision measuring equipment
- Regularly work to close tolerances +/-.0001 in the manufacturing of tooling components.
- Check, measure, and inspect all types of die components, and tooling for accuracy to perform stamping and forming production operations as authorized.
- Observe all company rules and procedures including housekeeping, quality of work and safety.
- Perform other duties as assigned or necessary to meet business conditions or changes.
- Adheres to quality and safety systems or maintenance of quality and safety standards
- Ability to read blue prints, use measuring equipment.
- Good communication skills.
- Abilities to use both hands for repetitive wrist, hand, and fingers motions.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Complete formal 4-year apprentice program or minimum of 2 years tool and die experience.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.