Laird Careers Careers
Tool Designer I
Responsible for the design and development of tooling required to produce metal products for quick turn prototypes. This position can be specialized in a number of different tooling types but is normally focused at a particular area of tooling design (eg prototype/short run draw dies, form tools, etc). Works closely with product and process design teams to insure that tooling can be properly designed to produce the product under development.Responsibilities
- Provide tooling design expertise to product development teams to ensure that the product has the needed design characteristics needed to reliably produce the product.
- Provide specialized tooling design knowledge to project teams and manufacturing
- Ability to troubleshoot and develop solutions to prototype and production tooling
- Provides technical knowledge in the latest technologies used in specific tooling areas
- Act as lead interface between project teams and tooling
- Set-up and program 3D printers
- Personal computer skills such as MICROSOFT OFFICE and relational database.
- CAD software knowledge. [ProE or Solidworks]
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work well in a Team environment and take the lead on meeting critical timelines
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups
- Ability to work under direct supervision
- Ability to work with clearly defined project steps
- Little to no knowledge of new product development processes and work flow
- Little to no knowledge of some SBU product lines
- Little to no experience in participating on multi-disciplinary product development teams
- Limited knowledge of a particular technical area
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline
- 0-2 years experience
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.