Laird Careers Careers
Inside Sales Representative II
Based in Schaumburg, IL this position supports the sales team in any and all aspects of the customer selling and sales support process. This position is responsible for performing sales activities and project / account management functions in support of customer and channel partner needs to ensure total customer satisfaction. This position will also assist the Laird Account Managers, acting as an extension of the outside sales force to proactively grow sales and achieve revenue targets, goals and objectives.Responsibilities
- Prospect, generate, qualify and follow up on assigned leads.
- Inbound, respond to Web leads/search, inbound marketing response (phone and online)
- Outbound, use phone, email, and/or social media channels to engage, educate and prospect.
- Provide accurate and timely updates on pipeline and forecast utilizing Salesforce.
- Develops sales opportunities by researching and identifying potential accounts; soliciting new accounts; building rapport; providing information and explanations; preparing quotations.
- Be proactive towards new business development
- Coordinate with Technical Support to address customer product quality issues
- Source new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound cold calls and emails
- Route qualified opportunities to the appropriate sales Account Managers for further development and closure
- Communicate with all internal departments related to fulfilling customer requirements.
- Prepare and complete customer requests for quotations, process and respond to customer sample requests, and provide communication of these activities along with appropriate follow up and support.
- Keep in close contact with Account Managers and direct OEM / channel partner customers to determine needs in order to transact and expand sales revenue.
- Support Laird Account Managers to help meet sales goals and objectives.
- As required, work with Product Managers, Engineers and Marketing to drive special and specific customer requirements for custom products.
- Identify new customers and educate them on Laird’s product solutions and value proposition.
- Assist as required to support updating marketing and sales forecasts. Help to maintain sales budget tracking information.
- Perform calculations, verifications and reporting of monthly commission’s payments for sales reps and demand creation partners.
- Work with outside sales to drive market and account development / execute on sales plans.
- Help to support development of necessary sales resources such as specification and data sheets, customer price lists, etc.
- Maintain customer contact databases and other informational requirements using Salesforce and other tools as defined
- Attend sales meetings and conferences as necessary.
- All-inclusive comprehensive experience in sales, marketing and new business development.
- Clear and thorough understanding of World Class Customer Service
- Must be able to handle a variety of tasks simultaneously in an expeditious, calm, organized and decisive manner.
- Ability to work independently, problem solve quickly.
- Ability to work well with others and to work efficiently and accurately in a team based environment.
- Ability to learn technical product knowledge and a strong desire for sales acumen.
- Effective time management, prioritization and project management skills
- Ability to qualify prospects and nurture qualified opportunities through to pipeline analysis.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate on all levels within internal and external groups.
- Detail oriented and excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Must have solid computer knowledge, Windows applications, MS Office proficiency.
- Knowledge of Salesforce or similar CRM a plus.
- Good team player and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to travel as needed for trade shows and customer events
- High school diploma with college preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years Sales or Marketing experience, Wireless Communications and/or Electronics background (5yrs preferred)
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.