Laird Careers Careers
Under general supervision, performs strategic business research and analysis for the various Strategic Business Units (SBU) of a global manufacturing company. Develops business analysis results and market research studies in support of specific Corporate, SBU, Product Management, Sales, or Marketing directions and initiatives.Responsibilities
- Conduct financial, product, market, operational, and related research to support strategic and business planning within the various SBU’s and departments.
- Interpret, evaluate, and interrelate research data, and develop integrated business analyses and projections for incorporation into strategic decision-making.
- Plan the development of primary and secondary market research studies in support of strategic planning and specific marketing initiatives, as required, and presents findings of studies to client committees.
- Coordinate, and audit one or more large databases, as appropriate; perform specified data analyses and studies as requested, and develop and present ad hoc reports in support of various initiatives.
- Coordinate and support the development and implementation of special research and/or survey initiatives related to specific research goals and/or marketing directives.
- Provide technical, and staff support, as appropriate, to standing strategic decision-making functions.
- Manage, coordinate, and evaluate the efforts of external organizations and consulting operatives engaged in specifically commissioned research activities.
- Adheres to quality and safety systems or maintenance of quality and safety standards.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge and appreciation of business concepts and requirements as applicable to a global manufacturing company.
- Knowledge of project management principles, practices, techniques, and tools.
- Knowledge and understanding of business research principles, processes, and techniques.
- Ability to develop and prepare business analyses and plans.
- Knowledge of the principles of strategic business decision-making.
- Ability to process computer data and to format and generate reports.
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
- Skill in the use of survey and market research methodologies, systems, and techniques.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Skill in the use of computerized spreadsheet, relational database, and word processing software.
- Fluent in Microsoft Office
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance Accounting or related field.
- At least 2-5 years experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.