Laird Careers Careers
The Recruiter is responsible for interviewing, testing, and referring applicants for clerical, technical, administrative and management positions throughout the Company. Considerable skill in interviewing techniques, a good knowledge of all clerical and specialized functions in the Company, a basic understanding of the Company's organizational structure as well as an extensive knowledge of personnel policy and procedure and federal and state laws regarding employment practices.Responsibilities
- Assists Human Resources management in the overall administration, communication and analysis of corporate recruiting programs and responsibilities. May develop and propose improvement to policies, programs and procedures to improve the effectiveness of recruiting and employment function.
- Provides professional recruiting assistance through candidate sourcing, interviewing, screening and recruiting job applicants to fill professional and technical job openings. Discusses long
- range professional and technical personnel needs with management to prepare and implement recruitment program.
- Seeks new methods and innovate solutions to identify and attract the best candidates.
- Uses passive and direct sourcing techniques such as database mining, Internet searching, participating in and networking within associations, organizations, cold calling, and conducting and gathering competitive research on direct competitor organizations.
- Identifies and implements best practices to increase the quality of hires while reducing cycle time and cost (relocation, immigration, recruiting resources).
- Responsible for supporting the implementation and ongoing maintenance of the Company’s Applicant Tracking System and acts as one of the subject matter experts.
- Initiates, negotiates and manages working relationships with vendors and external business partners to facilitate the generation of high -quality candidates, pre -screening services and talent acquisition.
- Proactively collaborates with management and external counsel on various facets of technical immigration matters, such as visa requirements, immigration strategy(ies), file management, and updates in immigration law and processes.
- Provides professional -level support to all human resources functions including employment, employment equity programs, personnel research, employee relations, compensation, training and affirmative action as required.
- Maintains current knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures within the human resources field.
- Researches, prepares and submits periodic reports and presentations as assigned.
- Required to maintain the confidential nature of all employees and company proprietary and privileged information used or observed in the course of performing job duties.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks and projects.
- Must have the ability to remain organized and self-directed in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have the ability to work in a team environment.
- Must have the ability to interface with a variety of individuals or groups on a frequent basis.
- Must have the ability to work with limited direction and supervision, while demonstrating good judgment and strict confidence.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills including strong customer service skills.
- Must communicate appropriate information accurately and clearly as needed.
- Must be able to speak fluently EnglishEducation & Experience Request
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and a minimum of five years experience in technical recruiting or a related function or seven years experience in human resources or a related function or the equivalent combination of experience, education and/or training
- PHR/SPHR Human Resources Certification preferred.