Laird Careers Careers
Full Stack Developer (Senior)
Based in Cedarburg or Madison, WI; the talented developer in this role will be responsible for developing new innovative cloud based services and products to enable device-to-cloud connectivity. This person will be a key contributor who works directly with clients to take their vision, for a cloud connected product, to reality while working with a talented cross-functional engineering team. The best candidate will be a self-starter with a passion for all aspects of production, software development, and bringing connectivity to the next generation of IoT products.Responsibilities
- Design, implement and test server-side software including web services for communicating with devices, database design and architecture, and integration with third-party web services
- Design and develop products leveraging cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, Ayla, etc.) with a focus on time-to-market and scalability
- Develop cost estimates for clients for the use of third-party cloud platforms and services based on a set of inputs and assumptions such as communication frequency, data, operation, etc.
- Setup, monitor and maintain remote software services
- Present work to multiple teams, both internal and external, for review and feedback
- Experience with setup and management of servers and knowledge of networking protocols used in data communication systems is required
- Implementation experience with MQTT, AMQP or other messaging protocols
- Database experience in one or more of MSSQL, Postgres, MongoDB, MySQL, Redis
- Experience with AWS IoT, IoT rules engine, Kinesis and Cognito services is a plus
- Solid understanding of common web application security trends and best practices
- Detail oriented and self-motivated with strong analytic skills. Must be able to plan and execute independently or as a team member.
- Rich knowledge on defining project scope, deliverables and requirements
- Able to work successfully in a deadline-driven, fast paced environment and effectively multi-task priorities while being flexible and adapting to change
- Ability to learn new applications and technology in a short period of time
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Embedded software development experience is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience.
- 2+ years front-end web development
- 5+ years’ back-end server-side development
- Examples of websites and/or services developed
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.