Laird Careers Careers
EMC Engineering Intern
Laird is seeking interns with an interest in working in an engineering laboratory environment, and/or learning more about Electromagnetic Interference/Compatibility (EMI/EMC) and wireless certification. As an intern, candidates will perform analysis, assist in documentation, assist in concept/construction of several laboratory improvements, and general tasks depending on skillset/engineering discipline.
Internship will revolve amongst three principle areas: quality, operations, and international regulation:
- Responsible for assisting Quality System Engineer with construction and maintenance of quality documentation including templates, records, and procedures – gain experience working in an ISO 17025 accredited system
- Responsible for assisting Director of Compliance with collecting test samples and coordinating shipment of samples internationally for regulatory testing – gain experience working with international laboratories and regulatory bodies
- Responsible for assisting Laboratory Manager with several system designs for inventory management, asset tracking, and organizing initiatives – gain experience system design and implementation
- Positive attitude and ability to maintain a high degree of professionalism
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to interface professionally with associates at all levels of an organization
- Good computer and technical skills including a competency in the Microsoft Office suite of products
- Comprehension of engineering concepts, principles, and theory; including documentation practices
- Hands-on understanding of test equipment such as oscilloscopes, EMI receivers, Spectrum and Network analyzers, etc. is a plus
Currently enrolled in a BS/BA Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial, or similar engineering discipline, with an overall 3.0 GPA or above.Other
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.