Facilitate, supervise and implement the Quality Assurance Program and provide technical assistance and training support to all manufacturing and related areas. Direct and ensure continuing certification and compliance of ISO/AS9100 standards requirements. Utilize the World Class Business/CIP tools to improve overall Quality.
• Manage the Quality Department to include performance evaluations and goal setting.
• Responsible for assigned process improvements initiatives, KPI’s, quality objectives and corporate objectives
• Maintain and strategically improve a AS9100 quality management system in compliance with site and corporate directives.
• Schedule and conduct internal audits as required to comply with quality management system requirements.
• Provide monthly reports, to include supplier quality performance and Sales and Operations Planning Metrics.
• Work directly with Purchasing Manager and corporate to improve and develop supplier performance initiative
• Review, audit, train, and provide direction to the function of all system standards which includes ISO 9001, /, AS9100, 18001 as well as others.
• Responsible to work with EHS management team in support and compliance to ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 Initiatives.
• Under Corporate Quality direction, use specialized Quality Engineering knowledge to coordinate and initiate new quality methods to meet current and future customer requirements, planned corporate objectives, and improved production capabilities and standards.
• Review customer and sales problems/requests, to evaluate technical solutions to product performance in the field. Initiate studies and testing to gather data for production evaluations.
• Responsible for customer interfacing activities.
• Review blueprints, drawings and quotations of products to monitor, analyze and react to requirements.
• Instruct and follow up on information and documentation of statistics and reporting for database programs
• Coordinate the preparation of reports from scrap, tool samples, process control plans and quality procedures. Recommend changes to methods, equipment and personnel to improve quality and reduce costs. Discuss and resolve quality concerns with other departments
• Work with Engineering and manufacturing to review pre and post production process variables, problem areas, required inspection tooling, and required documentation.
• Control non-conformance both externally and internally including material non-conformance. Initiate, implement and verify corrective actions. This includes oversight to company MRB/Nonconforming processes.
• Manage ISO/AS9100 requirements and corrective actions for key quality activities including inspection and testing, inspection measuring and test equipment, inspection and test status and control of quality records, customer complaints, etc.
• Work with engineering and manufacturing to reduce inspection while decreasing defects via quality ownership (e.g., increased operator/setup involvement) and quality prevention initiatives.
• Ensure highest levels of customer satisfaction are maintained for customer quality and customer complaint responsiveness.
• Adheres to quality and safety systems or maintenance of quality and safety standards. This includes ensuring organizational compliance to customer driven, statutory and regulatory requirements.
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• Strong Troubleshooting Skills.
• Project Management Proven Skills – Multi Site/Global preferred
• Strong Leadership skills
• Certified Lean-Six Sigma Green Belt or equivalent experience (Lean-Six Sigma Black Belt preferred)
• MS Office, ERP systems experience.
• Data Driven Individual.
• Must meet ITAR eligibility requirements
Education & Experience Request
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business, Masters Degree preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years related experience in Quality and/or Manufacturing
• Two plus years in Management and working with Quality systems.
• AS9100D work experience
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, arrest record, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability