Laird Careers Careers
The Account Specialist is responsible for ensuring that the customer is satisfied with company projects and services. This position works closely with Management and production to oversee the day-to-day relationship with the assigned clients.Responsibilities
* Ensure schedules and budgets are met according to contractual agreements.
* Receive and process phone and written inquiries, customer orders, quotes, changes and sample requests for all product lines within turnaround parameters. Provide customer with pricing and delivery information based on company procedures and policies.
* Work with CSRs and Inside Sales Engineers to promote and service Client and Client’s Contract Manufacturers.
o Track existing orders for Client to ensure on-time deliveries and flag any late orders for Customer Service in advance of due dates. Confirm material availability for orders and pull in Contract Manufacturers – communicate shortages and engage Laird global sites to resolve daily
o Track and assist with expedites for Client’s Contract Manufacturers and coordinate these deliveries with Laird Sites and Customer. Interface directly with Laird sites to expedite shortages and pull in’s and make decisions based on current information.
* Consult with clients after sales to resolve problems and to provide ongoing support. Answer customers' questions about products, prices, availability, product uses, and credit terms. Recommend products to customers, based on customers' needs and interests. Coordinate customer drawings and spec with inside/field sales so as to meet specific customer needs.
* Confer with internal and external customers and suppliers to resolve customer driven difficulties such as orders, deliveries, quotations, quality, forecasts, samples and technical requirements.
* Coordinate submittal of quotes, credit or contract terms, warranties, and delivery dates with customer services, inside/field sales and customer as required.
* Forecast Client and Contract Manufacturers demand utilizing the customer’s forecast and importing into ERP.
* Coordinate responses from Laird sites including Supplier Surveys, RoHS, TTR, BCP, and Client Global Hub, Conflict Minerals, HTS Codes and respond to Client Supplier Update.
* Consolidate Client monthly report for S&OP reporting. Provide other ad hoc reports to management regarding Client account.
* Manage B2B portals as required by Client.
* Manage Client data as required in CRM.
* Adheres to quality and safety systems or maintenance of quality and safety standards.
* Perform other duties as assigned or necessary to meet changing business conditions.
* Knowledge of Windows applications with strong skills in Excel (vLookup and Pivot Tables) and PowerPoint.
* Strong aptitude to serve customer’s needs.
* Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in an expeditious, calm, organized and decisive manner.
* Ability to learn technical product knowledge and a strong desire for sales acumen.
* Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate on all levels within internal and external groups.
* Ability to work well with others and to work efficiently and accurately in a team based environment.
* Experience answering a multi-line phone and performing data entry.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and oral (must be fluent in English).
* Experience in ERP/MRP a plus.
* Knowledge of Salesforce or similar CRM a plus.
Must meet ITAR eligibilityEducation & Experience Request
* Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred.
* Technical sales experience.
* Minimum 5 years Sales/Manufacturing experience.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.