Laird Careers Careers
Temporary to Perm Production Operator I
Under direct supervision, the Production Operator I is responsible for, but not limited to, performing production operations including, use of equipment to meet company standards for quality and quantity on a rotating basis to produce high quality products in a timely manner to ensure total customer satisfaction.Responsibilities
- Read blue prints to determine instructions and part specifications.
- Assemble parts according to blueprints meeting quality and quantity objectives.
- Perform all operations on machines, operating equipment, and production fixtures.
- Verify part accuracy by using various measuring equipment and gauges.
- Complete necessary paperwork on line as needed.
- Quality check parts in the assigned process.
- Assist new employees with learning how to operate equipment, reading blueprints, and ensuring quality.
- Know daily goals and targets to meet.
- Read work orders, follow engineering drawings and/or receive verbal instructions regarding duties.
- Assemble, position and align parts in specified relationship to each other.
- Rotation to all departmental jobs with this job classification.
- Attend training as required.
- Adheres to quality and safety systems or maintenance of quality and safety standards.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Attention to detail.
- Must have good or corrected eyesight to insure quality of work.
- Ability to use both hands for repetitive wrist, hand, and finger motions.
- Ability to work with a variety of glues, solvents, and chemicals.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift 20 lbs on an occasional basis.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple work instructions, engineering drawings and company policies.
- Ability to perform simple math problems such as addition and subtraction of 2-3 digit numbers.
- Less than high school education. No prior experience or training is required.
- Experience working in assembly of small components, keyboarding, checking, for manual dexterity preferred.
Must meet ITAR eligibility - US Person or US Permanent ResidentOther
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, arrest record, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability