Under direct supervision, the Administrative Assistant I will perform routine administrative and clerical tasks.
• Greet visitors, issue badges, administer greeting board and call appropriate persons to escort or meet them.
• Answer telephone, screen and direct calls, relay messages and answer customer inquiries. Assist customer as necessary.
• Prepare and maintain files.
• Maintain meeting room calendars and set up meetings at facility including arrangements for refreshments.
• Performs general office customer service, phone & fulfillment duties.
• Compose, type, and mail basic correspondence both externally and internally as requested.
• Assists with mailings, e-mails, faxes, scheduling and record keeping as needed.
• With specific instructions, assists with various programs, company events and employee functions.
• Performs other duties as requested or necessary to meet business conditions and changes
• Use telephone console, computer copier, and other standard office equipment
• Attention to detail.
• Good organization skills.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
• Confidentiality a must.
• Intermediate experience with Microsoft Office software.
• Knowledge of secretarial, office procedures and knowledge of use and operation of standard office equipment.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks, telephone skills, organized, to work in a self-directed environment
• Ability to use telephone console, computer copier, and other standard office equipment
Must meet ITAR eligibility - US Person or US Permanent Resident.
Education & Experience Request
• High School diploma or equivalent. Associate’s Degree in Business or related field preferred
• < 2 years experience in an administrative role.
• 6 months previous experience with public contact.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity