Facilitate, supervise and implement the Quality Assurance Program and provide technical assistance and training support to all manufacturing and related areas. Direct and ensure continuing certification and compliance of ISO standards requirements. Utilize the World Class Business/CIP tools to improve overall Quality.
• Manage the Quality Department to include performance evaluations and goal setting.
• Develop and maintain a quality management system in compliance with corporate directives.
• Schedule and conduct internal audits as required to comply with quality management system requirements
• Provide monthly reports, to include supplier quality and Sales and Operations Planning Metrics.
• Review, audit, train, and provide direction to the function of all system standards which may include ISO 9001, ISO/TS-16949, AS9100, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 as well as others.
• Under Corporate Quality direction, use specialized Quality Engineering knowledge to coordinate and initiate new quality methods to meet current and future customer requirements, planned corporate objectives, and improved production capabilities and standards
• Review customer and sales problems/requests, to evaluate technical solutions to product performance in the field. Initiate studies and testing to gather data for production evaluations.
• Review blueprints, drawings and quotations of products to monitor, analyze and react to requirements.
• Instruct and follow up on information and documentation of statistics and reporting for database programs
• Coordinate the preparation of reports from scrap, tool samples, process control plans and quality procedures. Recommend changes to methods, equipment and personnel to improve quality and reduce costs. Discuss and resolve quality concerns with other departments
• Work with Engineering and manufacturing to review pre and post production process variables, problem areas, required inspection tooling, and required documentation.
• Control non-conformance both externally and internally including material non-conformance. Initiate, implement and verify corrective actions.
• Manage ISO requirements and corrective actions for key quality activities including inspection and testing, inspection measuring and test equipment, inspection and test status and control of quality records, customer complaints, etc.
• Work with engineering and manufacturing to reduce inspection while decreasing defects via quality ownership (e.g., increased operator/setup involvement) and quality prevention initiatives.
• Ensure highest levels of customer satisfaction are maintained for customer quality and customer complaint responsiveness.
• Adheres to quality and safety systems or maintenance of quality and safety standards.
• Certified Lean-Six Sigma Green Belt or equivalent experience (Lean-Six Sigma Black Belt preferred)
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Strong Troubleshooting Skills.
• Project Management Proven Skills – Multi Site/Global.
• Six Sigma Black Belt or Green Belt and TPS or Lean Manufacturing Principles.
• CAD (AutoCAD, PRO-E), MSOffice, ERP (Tetra, QAD, Mapics, etc) systems experience.
• Data Driven Individual.
Must be ITAR eligible = US citizen or US Perm Resident.
Education & Experience Request
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business, Masters Degree preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years related experience in Quality and/or Manufacturing
• Minimum of 2 years management experience and working with regulated quality systems, including ISO 9001.
• Advanced/risk-based problem solving and planning experience including 8D, RCA, DMAIC, Six Sigma, FMEA/FTA, JHA.
• Experience with OHSAS 18001/ISO 45001 and ISO 14001 preferred.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird Connectivity does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.