Laird Careers Careers
Account Manager - Southern CA
Plan and coordinate sales program for maximum sales volume and profitability. Develop new customers and new customer segments. Interact with established customers within a defined geographic region and with the goal of increasing their sales.Responsibilities
* Day-to-day coordination of business issues relating to the customer.
* Communicate with all internal departments related to fulfilling customer requirements.
* Provide communication between customers and production on status of orders.
* Keep in close contact with representatives from OEM customers to determine needs in order to expand sales.
* Conduct OEM and aftermarket sales.
* Coordinate activities with customer service teams to maximize our ability to close on new business opportunities.
* Maintain accurate and up to date records and files on all accounts including sales, data, quote records and customer contacts.
* Work with Laird engineers to develop custom products for specific customer needs.
* Attend sales meetings and conferences.
* Manage and evaluate performance of assigned Sales personnel and/or channel partners, if necessary.
* Develop goals and objectives in accordance with company goals and objectives.
* Travel as needed for communication and interaction with customers regarding status of orders, new orders and problem solving.
* Represent Laird within industry.
* Adheres to quality and safety systems or maintenance of quality and safety standards.
* Provide updated marketing and sales forecast.
* Knowledge of Windows applications.
* Proven sales performance record.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
* Must be fluent in English, other languages preferred depending on assigned area.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
* Ability to travel frequently.
* Valid passport.
* Valid drivers’ license and good driving record.
* Minimum 5 years sales experience, communications field and/or electronics background preferred.
* Bachelor’s degree in Business or Engineering or equivalent work experience.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.