Laird Careers Careers
Senior Sales Manager
The Senior Sales Manager leads and coordinates company sales functions in responsible region. Directly manages and coordinates activities of assigned distributors, indirect Manufacturers Representatives, and direct sales assets in the region. Focuses on rapid growth of profitable business.Responsibilities
* Define and achieve or exceed sales objectives, and manage regional sales budget
* Develop new business relationships by personally presenting to major accounts within assigned territory a description of the company, its products, and capabilities.
* Develop and maintain sales by exploring and qualifying existing accounts as well as following up on leads resulting from marketing prospecting efforts.
* Develop annual sales plan in support of organizational strategy and objectives
* Instruct and train distributors and Manufactures Representatives in the selling of products and services.
* Maintain accurate up to date records and files on all major accounts including sales data, quote records, and customer contacts.
* Recommend sales strategies for improvement based on market research and competitor analyses.
* Coordinate activities with Inside Sales Teams to maximize our ability to close on new business opportunities.
* Provide assurance to management that all policies are carried out accurately.
* Adheres to quality and safety systems or maintenance of quality and safety standards.
* Accelerated experience with Microsoft Office Software including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
* Ability to define and prioritize sales needs in high-growth, high-opportunity business.
* Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods.
* Proven ability to recruit, direct and manage a successful sales and sales engineering team to over quota performance results.
* Knowledge of the business behavior, customs, tradition in industry
* Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
* BA or higher degree or prior work experience in lieu of formal education.
* Minimum 5 years of combined experience in sales in the electronics industry.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.