Laird Careers Careers
Regional Sales Manager- Southeast
Responsibility for the selling of all products and services within an assigned geographic region. Directly manage and coordinate activities of assigned team members in such a way to meet planned goals and objectives.Responsibilities
- Develop new business relationships by personally presenting to major accounts within assigned region.
- Develop and maintain sales by exploring and qualifying existing accounts
- Instruct and train Territory Sales Managers in the selling of products and services.
- Maintain up to date records on all major accounts including sales data, quote records, and customer contacts.
- Provide accurate feedback to management on missed quotes and future trends.
- Coordinate activities with Inside Sales Teams to maximize our ability to close on new business opportunities.
- Provide assurance to management that all policies are carried out accurately.
- Consult with SBU management in formulating a sales and marketing strategy.
- Define product(s) with customers.
- Prepare comprehensive quote packages for customers.
- Prepare technical sales presentation in MS PowerPoint.
- Monitor timing, development and manufacturing of products/programs.
- Monitor cost changes/cost reduction measures/annual reductions, and ensure sales prices amended timely.
- Update sales forecast monthly.
- Visit customer base frequently, identify programs and program specifics.
- Support development teams in gaining product specific information from customer and required third parties.
- Support license partners, suppliers and trace production record.
- Adheres to quality and safety systems or maintenance of quality and safety standards.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
- Knowledge of the business behavior, customs, tradition, in automotive and Consumer Electronics industry
- Working experiences in Automotive industry, Consumer Electronics industry, OEM or Parts manufacturer
- Knowledge of economic, accounting principles, financial markets, analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Minimum 5 years of combined experience in sales in the electronics industry.
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a Territory Sales Manager calling on major OEM accounts.
- Bachelor degree in (Electronic Engineering) related field or a minimum of four years of work-related skill, knowledge, or experience in automotive reception systems.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, arrest record, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability