Under direct supervision, the Customer Service Representative I handles a variety of tasks and has the ability to meet established transactional deadlines within a high volume call center. The individual must work efficiently and accurately in a team based environment.
Possesses basic account management skills and learns Laird products and services capabilities.
· Meets customer expectations through response to email
· Handle customer correspondence via phone and email
· Interacts with manufacturing to prioritize orders and with other areas of discipline to identify and solve problems pertaining to sales, service and delivery
· Identifies special requirements to include product configuration, testing and shipment dates for orders. Communicates and reviews with senior representatives to determine course of action.
· Coordinates with appropriate groups all special requirements to include product configuration, testing and shipment dates for orders
· Work with other departments to successfully resolve customer issues in a timely fashion
· Learns Laird product and services capabilities and is able to suggest some alternatives to customers
· Builds and maintains client relationships
· Follows departmental processes to resolve product and service problems
· Basic understanding of World Class Customer Service
· Ability to create a “cared for” customer atmosphere
· Demonstrates sound business judgment and decision making
· Excellent verbal and written communication and problem solving skills
· Strong business correspondence skills
· Thorough understanding of Internet technologies including browser basics.
· Computer competencies including: MS Outlook, Word, and Excel
· Ability to present the product and the company in a professional manner
· Team player with positive attitude
Education & Experience Request
· College degree or 6 years equivalent in work experience
· < 2 years of customer support experience
· Experience in a high performance team-based environment preferred
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird Connectivity does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.