The Customer Success Specialist I supports the sales team in aspects of the customer selling and sales support process. This position is responsible for performing basic sales activities and account management functions in support of customer and channel partner needs for a given region / territory / specific assignment, to ensure total customer satisfaction. Assist the Laird sales team to proactively grow sales and achieve sales targets, goals and objectives. Possesses basic sales support and account management skills and acquires knowledge of customers, products and company practices/ policies. Develops customer relationships and internal networks to perform job.
• Receive and process phone and written inquiries, quotes, and order changes for assigned customers within turnaround parameters and reviewed by senior level Customer Support Specialists. Provide customer with pricing and delivery information based on company procedures and policies.
• Work with Sales, Product Management, Production to track existing orders for customers to ensure on-time deliveries and resolve any late orders in advance of due dates. Communicate shortages and engage Laird global site to resolve delays daily. Assist with expedites and coordinate deliveries with Laird Sites and Customers.
• Confer with internal and external customers to resolve customer problems with orders, deliveries, quotations, quality, and forecasts.
• Utilize Customer Complaint database and follow through to closure
• Answer customers' questions about products, prices, and availability. Recommend products to customers based on customers' needs and interests.
• Assist with creation and process quotes and quote requests from customers, sales, Technical Support Engineers, and Field Application Engineers using price lists, configuarators and OEM pricing guideline.
o May negotiate price as needed using pricing guidelines with assistance and review by senior Customer Support Specialists
o Coordinate customer drawings and specifications with sales/engineering to meet specific customer needs.
• Obtain customer forecasts and coordinate with the Demand Planner.
• Assist with compiling requested documentation including Supplier Surveys, RoHS, Conflict Minerals, HTS Codes, new customer set up, and order related documents.
• Complete customer scorecards and address areas of improvement with sales and the manufacturing site.
• Manage B2B portals as required by customer
• Manage customer data as required in CRM.
• Adheres to quality and safety systems or maintenance of quality and safety standards.
• Perform other duties as assigned or necessary to meet changing business conditions.
• Knowledge of Windows applications with strong skills in Excel and Powerpoint.
• Strong aptitude to serve customer’s needs.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in an efficient, organized and decisive manner.
• Ability to learn technical product knowledge and a strong desire for sales acumen.
• Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate on all levels within internal and external groups.
• Ability to work well with others and to work efficiently and accurately in a team-based environment.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral (must be fluent in English)
• Experience in ERP/MRP a plus.
• Knowledge of Salesforce or similar CRM a plus.
Education & Experience Request
• Bachelors Degree in a related field preferred or equivalent work experience
• Technical sales experience a plus
• Two to five years’ experience in Sales or Manufacturing environment
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identify, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state, or local laws: EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity