Laird Careers Careers
Engineering Technician II
With minimal supervision, this position is responsible for, but not limited to, contributing to varied projects and products for the development of products, manufacturing processes or production equipment. This position will be assigned a wide range of development tasks to support the technical needs of the Company.Responsibilities
- Independently analyze and improve existing products, equipment, processes, or designs as assigned.
- Test products, development methods and processes used in testing of components and products.
- Create documentation to support existing products, processes and equipment in accordance with ISO 9001 requirements.
- Design and implement products, processes, equipment, and documentation for new projects.
- Assist in maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of equipment.
- Assist Software Development in supporting production validation platforms.
- Assist Engineering with the design and prototyping of new or modified products.
- Support production and development of new products through independent review, root cause analysis, corrective action, discrepancy handling, and defect prevention.
- Independently conduct process capability studies, design experiments, conduct studies and analyze to ensure products meet requirements.
- Knowledge or willingness to learn WiFi, BT and LTE RF testing.
- Working knowledge of operating RF test equipment such as Spectrum Analyzers, power meters, etc.
- Strong practical technical ability, including component soldering and rework.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Good organizational and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Associate Degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- 2 years of experience directly related to specific responsibilities described.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird Connectivity does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.