Laird Careers Careers
Distribution Sales Manager
The Distribution Sales Manager will design, develop and execute revenue creating sales distribution channel programs by working with direct sales, product management and our channel partners to increase sales activity. Responsible for maximizing the profitable growth potential of the corporation by way of defining, articulating and executing market penetration, as well as market expansion programs. Hold distribution partners accountable to their planned revenue plans which are developed through data-driven processes. These programs are based on detailed knowledge of customer acquisition and retention strategies for our target industries, as well as the purchasing requirements of individual customers within these segments.Responsibilities
- Identify, develop and implement strategies and methods for profitably expanding our market position within product distribution channels.
- Develops and executes distribution account plans including marketing & sales programs, data-driven revenue targets through understanding inventory and purchase strategies, define & track key indicators, scorecard development, understanding market trends and holding regular business reviews.
- Works cooperatively with direct sales teams and distribution partners to utilize Point of Sale forecasting methods & inventory awareness to develop a revenue forecast for North America’s largest channel-based end customers.
- Develop and work in conjunction with the field team to execute regional branch trainings and reviews.
- Program & contract execution at channel partners including pricing analysis & price book updates, demand generation programs, and stock rotations.
- Program analysis which includes opportunity evaluation to insure consistency with overall business goals and strategies, financial ROI, brand synergies, impact, visibility and execution requirements. Each program must have a measurement system from which we critique and modify programs to optimize the business development process.
- Facilitate integration of the direct sales and product marketing organizations with those of our channel partners.
- Facilitate and insure information sharing on competitors, new programs, customers, factual end user demand as well as profitability/market pricing data
- Supports and maintains channel partner application training, including competitive strategies and responses, for all appropriate Laird products.
- Adheres to quality and safety systems or maintenance of quality and safety standards.
- Demonstrated strong skills as a communicator, both orally and in writing.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer literacy is required.
- Strong data analysis and general analytical skills.
- Ability to work across functional and organizational lines to translate market trends and opportunities into profitable business.
- 25-30% travel may be required in order to meet these business objectives.
- Bachelors Degree in a related field.
- 5 to 10 years experience in technology sales or business development.
- An advanced business degree is desired.
- Prior work experience at a semiconductor manufacturer or in the electronics industry and familiar with business models of electronics distributors preferred
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird Connectivity does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.