Under general supervision, the position will design and implement systems and their integrations according to Laird’s business requirements. Key areas of scope for this position are: Systems OS (Windows Server 2003, 2008) support, email support (Exchange 2007, 2010), Active Directory Support, database support (MSSQL), SAN/DAS Support, Data Protection system support, and overall operations of physical and virtual (VMware) servers
• Monitor systems performance and functional operations.
• Implement systems as business needs require.
• Maintain and create work instructions.
• Perform roll of Project Lead as required.
• Maintain knowledge of emerging systems trends.
• Ensure that systems meet industry standards.
• Deliver training and mentoring to end users at site.
• Liaison with Laird corporate IT to assure organizational consistency.
• Experience supporting IT needs of a manufacturing environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience with Backup and Recovery systems.
• Experience in the creation, maintenance, and testing of business resumption and disaster recovery plans.
• Ability to lead project teams and deliver results against milestones and deliverables.
• Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally.
• Able to work successfully in a deadline-driven, fast paced environment and effectively multi-task priorities in a team-oriented environment.
• Must be flexible and able to adapt to changing requirements and schedules.
Additional Site Requirements
Experience with the following technology:
• Windows Server 2016
• Windows 7 Professional
• Windows 10 Professional
• Office 365
o TEAMS, Skype
o Office 2016
• Sonicwall firewall and secure VPN
• Dell switching capabilities
• Building, designing and supposed a Windows 2016 Domain
• Ability to support internal and external wireless network
• Experience in a Windows Hyper V model
• Experience supporting a hybrid cloud business
• Experience with Support QAD ERP MFG PRO Release Eb2 SP9
• Ability to develop, train and document all work instructions and training materials for staff
• Experience with vendor relationships for support
• Experience with ITAR related business continuity and disaster recovery systems
• Experience in a manufacturing environment
• Excellent verbal and written and group communication skills
• Self driven go getter, fast paced environment and efficient skills with multitasking
• Maintain knowledge of emerging IT trends to ensure systems will meet regulatory standards
• Ability to build and design a yearly roadmap to stay ahead of firefighting exercises with technology
• Must have experience designing and maintaining servers, switches and applications in a highly available model
• Ability to track and suggest ways to improve internal process
• High levels of project ownership and individual accountability in a fast paced environment.
• Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and innovation
• Demonstrated commitment to strong documentation and repeatable standards
• Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
• Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service for internal staff
• Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
Education & Experience Request
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
o 5-7 years of IT related experience, in supporting IT Systems Engineering systems.
Additional Site Requirements
o A minimum of 5 years experience providing server/desktop support within a Microsoft environment. Equivalent combination of education, experience, and skillsets will also be considered.
o Security clearance secret is a plus.