The Field Applications Engineer (FAE) will lead the technical sales effort in the Pacific Northwest region (WA, OR, ID, Western Canada) and manage all of Laird’s Performance Material business toward a $20M goal by 2019. Responsibilities include a primary focus on a group of 5 to 8 accounts.
The expectation is to drive closure of opportunities created by the sales team with the engineering community at customers. This role will be fully accountable for winning footprint position for EMI, Thermal, and Magnetics technology across all customers in region.
• Personally manage focused accounts and support closure of large orders by representing the company in multi-level sales situations
• Develop new technical relationships and customers by personally presenting Laird, its products, and capabilities
• Creation of Blue/Gold Sheet/playbooks capturing customer needs, strategy, relationship matrix, and milestones for both short (1 – 18 months) and long term (18 months to 3 years) action plans
• Achieve goals through clear communication of objectives, metrics, and measurable results for all products within Performance Materials
• Responsible for utilizing SalesForce.com CRM to facilitate QBR’s and NBO reviews
• Program Manager and Strategist responsible for leading a global effort to ensure revenue realization
• Responsible for entering and tracking in the design registration system
• Adhere to Laird ethics, quality, and safety standards
• Geographically located in Pacific Northwest region (Seattle preferred)
• Strong leadership, and entrepreneurial skills to execute tactical and strategic objectives
• Proven track record of closing business with strategic/solution selling
• Ability to manage and lead technical sales personnel
• Ability to see situations from a macro point of view and make sound decisions with little information
• Strong analytical skills to work with product management and engineering on customer initiatives
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Runs effective sales calls: able to gain customer alignment, internal agreement (executive leadership down to cross-functional teams), and program commitments
• Exhibits drive, passion, and exudes a hunger to win
• Balances patience with a sense of urgency that results in speed
• Builds credibility with engineers and takes full ownership of the account (successes, failures, and activity out of personal control)
Education & Experience Request
BA or higher degree or prior work experience (2 to 5 years) in lieu of formal education.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
• Vision and Purpose; Strategic Thinker
• Ethics and Integrity: Sensitive to culture values
• Teamwork: Influencer, Motivator
• Bias for Action; Requires Minimal Direction
• Customer Focus; Strong Understanding of Market Potential
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.