Laird Careers Careers
Engineering Technician II DL
Develop new products and/or materials that support current product lines or helps establish new product lines. Perform performance testing of new and existing products. Provide technical assistance to customers and the organization. Responsible for providing engineering expertise for a variety of projects in the development of products, processes or equipment to meet the needs of the Company.Responsibilities
- Select materials of construction to meet mechanical, environmental requirements while embodying the most cost effective solutions possible.
- Ensure designs implement proper technologies while meeting manufacturing, cost, and timing goals.
- Work directly with customers, sales managers, engineers, project managers, and internal teams to identify customer requirements, establish design expectations, and meet agreed upon design, performance, and goals for projects.
- Develop and maintain project timelines to ensure all key deliverables are satisfied.
- Coordinate activities to fabricate prototype and pilot production parts to mature the design of components and assemblies and meet customer needs for finished material.
- Coordinate project activities to ensure smooth release of products into manufacturing meeting customer requirements and established timelines.
- Perform risk assessment tests and use results to improve design and reduce risks before reaching manufacturing
- Contribute to the launch of new programs with the various affected global manufacturing facilities.
- Could lead new product development projects from concept to production manufacturing.
- Establish project plans and milestone charts, then track and report on progress.
- Submit monthly project status reports.
- Write technical papers on significant findings for sales training, promotion of new products or for technical documents.
- Maintain leading-edge technical proficiency and stay abreast of new trends and scientific developments in fields impacting the mechanical sciences.
- Work with other departments in obtaining samples and test data. Provide other departments with information needed to prepare catalogs and other sales literature.
- Maintain laboratory notebooks to document the creation and development of new inventions. Prepare invention disclosures, and work with corporate attorneys in researching, writing and filing patent applications. Take any necessary steps to protect intellectual property.
- Personal computer skills such as Microsoft Office.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work well in a Team environment
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups
- Ability to work under direct supervision
- Ability to work with clearly defined project steps
- Limited knowledge of a particular technical area
- Associate Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline preferred.
- 0-2 years experience in laboratory environment or materials processing.Referal Part
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, arrest record, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability