Laird Careers Careers
Accountable for delivering material to production, warehouse and/or between facilities. Key responsibilities include performing the physical or combined administrative/physical tasks involved in the storing, counting and distributing of materials, parts, supplies and equipment. Compiles and maintains records of quantity, cost and type of material stocked and issued, and prepares material requisitions. Accountable to abide by company mandated safety, security, and import/export policies.Responsibilities
- Loads and unloads material within a warehouse or storage facility.
- Utilizes hand trucks, forklifts, hoists, conveyors, or other handling equipment to move material to, from trucks, and within the storage facility.
- Works from requisition, order list or stock list to pull required items.
- Uses a checklist as items are pulled to ensure kit accuracy.
- Accumulates orders, reports shortages and transports completed orders to distribution point or staging area.
- Processes returned items and unscheduled issues.
- Compiles and maintains inventory of material received, stocked, and issued.
- Prepares requests for procurement of material. Places orders through Purchasing for material, which is not in inventory and report shortages to purchasing.
- Lifts heavy items and may operate a forklift.
- Examines stocks and distributes materials in inventory and on manufacturing lines.
- Takes inventory of stored items through cycle counting.
- May audit kits for accuracy.
- Loads finished product, bulk shipments and completes paperwork.
- Ensures dock, warehouse and return & fill area are clean and organized at all times.
- Expedites necessary materials, i.e. skids, boxes and reels of packaging tape and distribute to operators.
- Checks daily production schedule to determine what parts will be run, and stage materials needed for shift.
- Reviews work packets and computer picking system to determine necessary materials are available.
- Delivers finished goods from operators to warehouse/shipping.
- Receive shipments when clerks are unavailable, deliver documents and material to quality or production.
- Adheres to quality and safety systems or maintenance of quality and safety standards
- Knowledge of commonly-used practices and procedures within a particular field.
- Knowledge of materials used and work packets.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Must be well organized and detail oriented
- High school diploma with 0-3 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Minimum of one-year experience working as a materials handler in a manufacturing environment.
- Fluent local primary language (written and oral).
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.