Laird Careers Careers
Director of Customer Service
The Director of Customer Service manages the customer service representatives in all aspects of the customer selling and sales support process, including order entry, customer changes and customer communication. This position will also lead team members in their effectiveness by deciding the best coaching methods and techniques to maximize employee effectiveness.Responsibilities
- Create world class customer service through excellent account management and leadership.
- Lead CSR teams in the region. Responsible for team’s training and development. Coach team leaders in their management skills in order to achieve high performance.
- Maintains in-depth working knowledge of company systems and processes.
- Measure and improve efficiencies and service levels of each team. Measure Customer Service team member performance and makes employment decisions.
- Optimize the organization structure to provide improved service to key and focused customers.
- Develops and implements policies pertinent to the effective and efficient operation of the Customer Service Department.Optimize internal process to ensure speedy ramp up of new product shipment.
- Implement regional wide process to ensure consistency across sites on quotations, inter-company PO.
- Partners with the management team to align customer service department policies and systems with the company objectives.
- Improve forecast accuracy and transparency. Give early warnings on problematic areas. Ensure effective and long-term problem resolution.
- Partner with site GM and quality team in resolution of customer quality complaints and improve communication and relations with customers.
- Clear and thorough understanding of World Class Customer Service
- Must be able to handle a variety of tasks simultaneously in an expeditious, calm, organized and decisive manner.
- Ability to work independently, problem solve quickly.
- Ability to work well with others and to work efficiently and accurately in a team based environment.
- Ability to learn technical product knowledge and a strong desire for sales acumen.
- Effective time management, prioritization and project management skills
- Ability to qualify prospects and nurture qualified opportunities through to pipeline analysis.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate on all levels within internal and external groups.
- Detail oriented and excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Solid computer knowledge, Windows applications, MS Office.
- Good team player and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work efficiently and meet tight deadlines.
- University or above education.
- Minimum 10 years sales, marketing and / or customer service experience,
- Minimum 5 year experiences in managing sizable team.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity