Laird Careers Careers
Director of Program Management
The Director of Program Management leads the Program Management Office (PMO), takes a balanced approach to drive major projects forward and facilitates project management best practices across the business. This position is accountable for defining, establishing, and ensuring the delivery of business programs and projects worldwide. This position is responsible to train and support business efforts in maintaining a world class level of program management skills and personnel within Laird. The PMO will provide frameworks which drive tangible, short and long-term value to Laird and our customers.Responsibilities
- Lead, direct, and be accountable for the overall performance of the Project Management Office in the delivery of complex projects directly affecting the organizations strategy to meet technology and business requirements on-time and within budget.
- Build and support world class Program Management skills and personnel.
- Establish and facilitate effective project management governance and oversight.
- Develop and manage comprehensive project portfolio, budgets, resource allocations, and costs with overall accountability for performance (key performance indicators and metrics).
- Prepare and deliver regular, effective communications to ensure that leadership and project sponsors are adequately apprised of project statuses, successes, risks and issues.
- Establish professional standards for business process and project management - using industry innovations, best practices, standards, methodologies, and key performance metrics to drive continuous improvement
- Identifies and implements program management tools and systems, which enhance and improve the performance of Division’s program management practices.
- Cultivate professional relationships with key organizational leaders, based on trust and respect
- Apply risk management assessment in project planning / ongoing execution and resolves issues and conflicts associated with management of multiple complex high-priority projects.
- Experience in managing a Project or Program Management Office (PMO) in a corporate, technical environment.
- International experience preferred.
- Strong Team facilitation skills.
- Performs well in a matrix environment.
- Good presentation skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Certified Project Management Professional.
- PMP Certification from the Project Management Institute.
- 10 years experience in Project Management.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity