: Responsible for using broad technical expertise, leadership skills, and development process knowledge to be the technical leader for systems development and systems engineering. The individual will interface with multi-disciplined project teams on complex platforms for a broad range of industries from the conceptual phase through successful product launch. The individual will interact with customers to identify their needs from application standpoint, propose and develop system architectures; generate high-level system, material & device specifications and guide the design and validation teams during the development phase by proposing new and innovative solutions to overcome obstacles and system-level limitations.
• Develop material/device system-level architecture and interface by collaborating with cross-functional & cross product line disciplines within the product development environment.
• Review and analyze customer requirements, prepare RFI/RFP/RFQ/PDS response and proposals for new business opportunities, identify & select critical components, make decisions on design trade-offs, design re-use etc.
• Translate stakeholder requirements including usability, quality, serviceability, reliability, and manufacturability into technical specifications, and ultimately flow them down into lower level material/device requirement documents in a form suitable for product implementation.
• Contribute to development of product design, verification and design validation of products as required.
• Conduct critical design reviews & analysis of new systems and develop solutions to mitigate any risks. Utilize risk analysis & DFMEA process to enhance safety and design robustness.
• Experience in system-level architecture of various markets such as handsets, automotive, medical and telecom.
• Experience in designing and developing material & device solutions through expertise in some combination of polymer, ceramic and metal products.
• Good and thorough understanding of applications challenges at system and subsystem levels. Understands the “why” of target segments’ design teams.
• Hands-on expertise in product development, including high level material and device design, integration, testing, and troubleshooting.
• Experience in taking customer requirements and converting into system & technical specifications.
• Understanding of semiconductor packaging technologies (SiP, PiP, etc), PCB level processing and on-PCB design techniques for RF, digital and analog applications.
• Deep understanding of EMI, thermal, and mechanical systems & corresponding tradeoffs.
• Working knowledge of development tools – ARAS, FEA, CFD.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to interact directly with customers, cross-functional team members, and external partners.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills in electrical/mechanical systems.
Education & Experience Request
• Master’s degree in Physics or Electrical, Mechanical, or Materials Engineering or Bachelor’s degree with equivalent years of experience.
• Minimum 8 years of relevant experience in field applications, product development of materials systems and/or system design(hardware) in any of these industries: consumer electronics, computer networking, telecommunication, automobile electronics or industrial automation.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, arrest record, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability