Laird Careers Careers
Technical Support Engineer I Distribution - Chesterfield
Responsible for providing technical information and guidance in the selling of assigned products working directly with both customers and internal departments. Assist the customer and/or sales channel in providing the best technical solution for the customer. Perform technical reviews of incoming purchase orders to ensure that they are entered accurately by customer service and meet all customer requirements.Responsibilities
- Provide technical support and guidance to customer inquiries ensuring that proposed designs align with the manufacturing site capabilities. Follow up with customer technical requests as needed.
- Field general questions about Laird Technologies products and services. Be able to confidently address customer questions, general product capabilities, specifications, part numbers and general application guidelines.
- Interview customers to collect complete information regarding the technical requirements for their application. Consult with other subject matter experts within the organization when discussing more difficult applications to ensure the best solution is se
- Provide new product opportunities as discovered by dealing with customer issues with a view to patent such products or ideas.
- Make outbound calls in response to incoming sales leads, sample requests, and product sales to customers.
- Qualify sales leads, provide initial product information, and stage opportunities.
- Assist in maintaining the sales lead database, making sure clean handoffs occur between the sales stages.
- Work with the global engineering discovery teams that utilize a time-to-market design process.
- Utilize all product offerings, providing insightful and detailed design solutions. Present design solutions to customer utilizing solid model design techniques during presentation.
- Keep work skills current to ensure Laird Technologies competitiveness in a dynamic global business environment. May require some travel to customer sites required providing design specific solutions.
- Adheres to quality and safety systems or maintenance of quality and safety standards.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Proficient with solid-modeling software, preferable Pro/Engineering
- Ability to absorb product knowledge of all Laird Technologies products
- Ability to conduct a needs assessment to determine accurate understanding of customer needs
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Attention to detail a must
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or technical field
- Experience/knowledge in manufacturing processes preferred
- 0-2 years of related experience; preferably with electromechanical components
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, arrest record, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability