The Field Applications Engineer (FAE) will lead the sales effort in the Northern California territory and drive an increase of $5M for the Performance Materials Business Unit.
The expectation is to develop and execute aggressive sales strategies to ensure profitable revenue growth at military, aerospace, medical, and emerging technology customers to grow a healthy pipeline of new programs and customers.
This role is fully accountable for the results of the Northern California territory and requires partnering with sales, managers, and FAE teammates to jointly attack customers.
Coachability and humility to balance a drive to be successful a must.
• Solve electromechanical (EMI, thermal, and magnetics) customer problems by recommending the appropriate Laird solutions.
• Onsite customer design, debug, and application-level engineering work
• Manage all aspects of focused accounts to close business in multi-level sales situations
• Develop new business relationships and customers by presenting Laird, its products, and capabilities
• Creation of Blue, Gold Sheet, and Playbooks capturing customer needs, strategy, relationship matrix, and milestones for both short (1 – 18 months) and long term (18 months to 3 years) action plans
• Provide strategic direction with sales reps and distribution on addressing customer needs
• Achieve goals through clear communication of objectives, actions, and measurable results for all products within Performance Materials
• Financial reporting through monthly executive summaries, account projections, action plans, SalesForce.com (SFDC) CRM, QBR’s and NBO reviews
• Design win moderator responsible for entering and tracking within SFDC design registration system
• Develop with Regional Sales Manager strategies, programs, and directional changes using data driven analysis of markets and activity
• Adhere to Laird ethics, quality, and safety standards
• Geographically located in Northern California
• Clear written and verbal communication skills
• Experience or demonstrated ability to learn application level EMI, thermal, and magnetics engineering to solve customer problems
• Builds credibility with engineers and able to gain customer alignment, internal agreement, and program commitments
• Ability to collaborate with and lead technical sales personnel
• Strong business and analytical skills to work with product management and engineering on initiatives driven by customers
• Exhibits drive, passion, and exudes a hunger to win
• Runs effective sales calls and can explain what an effective sales call contains
• + Experience working with distribution channel partners
• + Strong business and analytical skills to manage budgets
• + Strong management, leadership and entrepreneurial skills to execute tactical and strategic objectives
• Vision and Purpose; Strategic Thinker
• Ethics and Integrity: Sensitive to culture values
• Teamwork: Influencer, Motivator
• Bias for Action; Requires Minimal Direction
• Customer Focus; Strong Understanding of Market Potential
Education & Experience Request
BA or higher degree or prior work experience (2 to 5 years) in lieu of formal education.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.