Laird Careers Careers
Field Applications Engineer II Distribution East
Under general supervision, persons employed in this position are responsible for, but not limited to, design and manufacturing related functions required by key SBU account customers, working synergistically with sales and manufacturing to achieve all customer design targets and goals.Responsibilities
- Regularly attend customer design review meetings and provide technical design support for SBU solutions.
- Utilize all product offerings, providing insightful and detailed design solutions.
- Present design solutions to customer team, utilizing solid model design techniques during presentation.
- Drive prototype, tool build, and initial production build to meet customer timelines.
- Originate and release final production documentation, detailed with critical dimensions and tolerances required for a functional part, but also taking into account manufacturing restrictions.
- Manage and direct a product development design team consisting of multiple engineering disciplines.
- Manage and coordinate activities between departments to meet product development requirements.
- Simultaneously set priorities/direction for multiple programs in development.
- Responsible for working with OEM engineers, Manufacturer's Representatives, Distribution Partners and Territory Sales Managers to implement Laird Technologies provided solutions for existing, qualifying new and next generation and cost reduction programs.
- Keep work skills current to insure Laird Technologies competitiveness in a dynamic global business environment. May require extensive travel to customer sites required providing design specific solutions.
- Adheres to quality and safety systems or maintenance of quality and safety standards.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Proficient with solid-modeling software, preferable Pro/Engineering.
- Understanding of Finite Element Analysis process, preferably with a history of analyzing boundary conditions and results.
- Exhibit basic understanding of the cross-functional relationships between inter-company groups and the expertise required to take a product through development and on to production.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Attention to detail.
- Demonstrate skill in Microsoft Project.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or technical field.
- Experience/knowledge in manufacturing processes preferred.
- 2 - 5 years experience in a similar position.
- 1-3 years experience with sheet metal manufacturing and design.
- 1-3 years experience with thermal management and implementation of thermal solutions.
- 5+ years design experience.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, arrest record, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability