Manage assigned personnel and work with customers to design and refine new product needs. Key results are to make new products from initial sampling through product acceptance, on time and with acceptable quality.
Supervise and coordinate the activities of the personnel to ensure projects are completed on time, on budget, and as specified.
* Manage personnel to meet overall department objectives.
* Write and maintain work instructions for the department.
* Interface with customers and vendors to meet customer demand, and assist in sourcing new vendors.
* Plan and define continuing education requirements in anticipation of future technologies.
* Define, plan and coordinate the activities of an Engineering group, outside of day-to-day responsibilities, to meet both short and long term goals as dictated by Director level personnel.
* Develop and support the team to ensure we maintain a technical competitive advantage.
* Continually reduce turnaround time of samples and development of new solutions.
* Continually improve the quality of samples and prototypes delivered to our customers, thereby reducing the number of design cycles for new products.
* Ensure a smooth development of new products.
* Establish and maintain effective communication between Laird and our customers, so we may readily respond to market changes and/or customer demands.
* Lead the development and design of new products using innovative ideas to grow product portfolio.
* Adheres to quality and safety systems or maintenance of quality and safety standards.
Good communication skills, both oral and written
* Strong Troubleshooting Skills
* Strong People Management Skills, including performance management and conflict resolution
* Project Management Proven Skills – Multi Site/Global
* Data Driven Individual
* Attention to detail
* Ability to operate within project budget/schedule constraints
* Desired: Six Sigma Black Belt or Green Belt Experience, DFSS
* Desired: DevOps experience with Modern Requirements, TFS, and Test Manager (VSTS/Azure DevOps)
Education & Experience Request
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering, Masters degree preferred
* 3+ years supervisory experience
* 5+ years design or development experience
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, arrest record, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability