Laird Careers Careers
Designs, develops, and implements cost-effective methods of testing and troubleshooting systems and equipment. Prepares test and diagnostic programs, designs test fixtures and equipment, and completes specifications and procedures for new products. Plans the labor, schedules, and equipment required for testing and evaluating standard and special devices. Persons employed in this position are responsible for but not limited to supplying comprehensive test engineering support for research and development and production programs to ensure total customer satisfaction.Responsibilities
- Managing Calibration of all Test Equipment
- Design Test Solutions for new products.
- Designing of suitable jigs in a mechanical capacity.
- Schematic Design for interface and controls inside jigs
- Designing, writing and supporting Test Software to automate production test
- Provide Documentation involving design, requirements, and operator instructions
- Support production requirements
- Write various applications supporting product rework
- Manage and support sub contract manufacturer
- Produce suitable jigs design documents from product requirements specifications, and effectively communicate those designs to colleagues and managers.
- Develop and maintain project timelines to ensure all key deliverables are met.
- Coordinate activities to accomplish prototype and pilot production runs to mature the design to meet customer needs for finished products.
- Personal computer skills such as MICROSOFT OFFICE and relational database.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work well in a Team environment
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups
- Ability to work with management to establish project Milestones, but otherwise executes project plan with little supervision required.
- Ability to work toward defined objectives with little direct supervision
- Demonstrated understanding of new product development processes and work flow
- Detailed knowledge of at least one SBU product line, with general knowledge of related or other SBU product lines.
- Works well in a Team environment and guides the team as the “expert” in a particular field.
- Demonstrated experience in participating on multi-disciplinary product development teams
- Good knowledge of a particular technical area within the job responsibility.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronic Engineering or Software Engineering
- 5-8 years experience
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, arrest record, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability