The Senior Director of Sales provides leadership, strategy, and coordination of global company sales functions across business segments. Monitors and analyzes sales activity against goals. Manages and directs the execution of sales plans and initiatives. While accountable for the overall revenue goals for the company, this position will specifically focus on rapidly growing the Rail Electronics and Controls segment of the company’s revenue.
- Define and achieve or exceed sales objectives, and manage the overall sales budget.
- Help define go to market strategy, in conjunction with the business leaders, including, but not limited to, sales organization, channel partners, product roadmaps, marketing programs, etc.
- Build, develop and manage sales team capable of carrying out needed sales and service/sales engineering initiatives with infrastructure services customers.
- Develop annual sales plan in support of organizational strategy and objectives.
- Direct implementation and execution of sales policies and practices.
- As part of company management team, contributes to the identification and definition of services and products, product positioning, pricing, and promotion strategies
- Directly manage major existing client accounts and key prospects, and coordinate the management of all other accounts.
- Recommend sales strategies for improvement based on market research and competitor analyses.
- Proven ability to identify, initiate, negotiate, and close complex deals with corporate customers.
- Proven ability to recruit, direct and manage a successful sales and sales engineering team to over quota performance results.
- Ability to define and prioritize sales needs in high-growth, high-opportunity business.
- Experience formulating and implementing sales and positioning strategy and tactics in a competitive environment.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills.
Education & Experience Request
- Must have a proven track record of successful Class 1, Regional/Shortline, and Privatized Rail experience
- Must be familiar with freight locomotive control systems
- FRA/AAR experience required
- 15+ years of experience in sales with positions of increasing responsibility and accountability
- 5+ years of experience in a senior sales role.
- BA/BS and/or MBA in Business Administration, Sales and Marketing or related field.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Cattron does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity