Tests, troubleshoots, repairs and modifies electronic components, parts and equipment at Cattron Group International, Inc. facilities as required to maintain new and existing products. Provides high quality service to customers, OEMs and manufacturers' representatives. Prioritizes and schedules repairs of customer returned equipment. Assists technicians with repairs. Responsible for the day to day operations of the service department.
• Scheduling of vacations as to not interfere with day to day operations
• Scheduling repairs of customer returned equipment.
• Assists other departments in resolving equipment and related problems.
• Generates and maintains work instructions for service related repairs and any related instructions needed for the service group to ensure quality standards are maintained.
• Coordinates technical training development to expand new product knowledge for employees regarding repairs.
• Ensures the service teams compliance and awareness with work place safety conditions and regulations.
• Conducts annual employee evaluations with technicians to determine training requirements, performance improvement, and career development paths.
• Routinely works overtime and will be responsible to keep overtime to a minimum in the service department.
• Interfacing with customers on a daily basis for resolving service issues with repaired equipment.
• Test faulty equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test equipment and software, and applying knowledge of the functional operation of electronic units and systems.
• Verifies customer's equipment for compliance with product specifications. Consults with customers, supervisors, and engineers for layout of equipment and to resolve problems in system operation and maintenance.
• Examine work orders and converse with equipment operators to detect equipment problems and to ascertain whether mechanical or human errors contributed to the problems.
• Assists with preparing and submitting management reports. Advises management regarding customer satisfaction, product performance, and suggestions for product improvements.
• Study blueprints, schematics, manuals, and other specifications to determine issues.
• Ability to manage time to meet deadlines and assists scheduling the work flow of others.
• Must have good verbal skills. Must be competent in proofreading, editing, spelling, composition and possess a good vocabulary.
• Must be very well organized.
• Ability to proficiently use oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer, voltmeter/multimeter, personal computer, soldering and desoldering equipment and various hand tools common to electronics repair.
• Ability to read schematic drawings and ladder logic diagrams.
• Ability to use Word and Excel.
• Practical knowledge of electronic theory, application and troubleshooting.
• Ability to manage time to meet deadlines and schedule the work flow of others.
• Good interpersonal skills and supervisory ability.
Education & Experience Request
• Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from a two‑year college or technical school; minimum of two years related experience with company products and applications; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Cattron does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, arrest record, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability