Laird Careers Careers
Human Resource Generalist - Carlsbad
To support Company strategic objectives by delivering conscientious quality service to all levels within the Organization, the Human Resources Generalist is responsible for administration of employee benefits, and to continually invest in our most valuable assets, our employees, by educating to maximize contributions, enhance growth opportunities and seek new talent.Responsibilities
- Provide support for employee relations, employment, compliance, compensation and benefits.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of management to insure adequate coverage of staffing needs; conducts interviews of exempt applicants; coordinates development of effective advertising program(s) as required; oversees development/maintenance of effective working relationships with remote sites and external agencies.
- Provide support for employee relations, employment, compliance, compensation and benefits
- Administer various employee benefit plans such as life, health, and disability insurance, pension plans, vacation, sick leave and leave of absences.
- Processes all enrollment, changes, etc.
- Assists Human Resources management in the overall administration, communication and analysis of corporate recruiting programs and responsibilities. May develop and propose improvement to policies, programs and procedures to improve the effectiveness of recruiting and employment function.
- Provides professional recruiting assistance through candidate sourcing, interviewing, screening and recruiting job applicants to fill professional and technical job openings. Discusses long-range professional and technical personnel needs with management to prepare and implement recruitment program.
- Enroll new employees in benefit plans and provides benefit orientation.
- Assists in preparing materials and in presenting benefit plan changes to employees
- Processes leave of absence approvals and rejections.
- Responsible for maintaining employee files including filing employee benefit information in employee file.
- Adheres to quality and safety systems or maintenance of quality and safety standards.
- Must be a self-directed team player and have computer proficiency (i.e. Windows-based applications, MS Office, Internet, etc.)
- Must have an in-depth knowledge of State and Federal benefit laws and regulations
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills with ability to explain HR policies and procedures
- Ability to work independently and perform detailed work while exercising analytical, independent judgment and discretion
- Ability to achieve results under tight deadlines
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- BA/BS in business preferred
- Minimum 5 years hands-on experience in HR preferred
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, arrest record, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability