Laird Careers Careers
Key Account Manager
Lead strategy and execution of Company plan to grow revenue at major existing customers and targeted business development accounts. The Key Account Manager is responsible for driving revenue, business issues and design objectives within one or more identified target customers.
Focus for this position is to drive qualification and design in of antenna and radio module products. This position works with the Global Antenna Sales and Product Marketing Team to drive product development and project design wins. Contract Mfg partners and other third party stakeholders will also need to be coordinated as part of the overall revenue responsibility.
The Key Account Manager will also have responsibility to drive and grow a specific sales across all business sites affiliated with the customers main design sites in San Jose, California. Frequent and extensive travel is a possibility, including international sites.Responsibilities
- Overall responsibility for all business issues related to assigned key accounts.
- Identification and sales activity for target customer design programs and business revenue growth.
- Maximize margin performance.
- Achievement of Revenue and Design Win Quotas.
- Assess market factors and trends, customer direction.
- Identification of new product needs for the market and customers with collaboration on product roadmap presentations.
- Project Identification and Design In/Qualification of antennas and radio module products.
- Revenue Forecast entry and maintenance.
- Sales Meeting presentations on strategy, execution plans, sales/customer needs and results.
- Customer project entry and assignment via the company's CRM based Oppty Mgmt System.
- Presentation of business cases for proposed initiatives supporting the strategic market plan.
- Participate in internal project meetings multiple times per week to keep customer program details moving forward and meeting committed dates.
- Adheres to Company Standards for communication, workplace ethics, quality systems, safety compliance.
- Ability to work with various functional groups to implement plans and achieve objectives.
- Demonstrated skills both orally and written and must possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer literacy is required.
- Significant travel, including international is required in order to meet these business objectives.
- Technical Competency in Antenna, RF Enterprise Networking and IIot concepts.
- Sales Skills competency and demonstrated record of success.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Business/Marketing required. MBA a plus.
- 7+ years in disciplines such as engineering, marketing, sales.
- Sales experience calling on Major Enterprise Networking Customers and Wireless Applications - Cisco, HP, Aruba, Juniper, etc.
- Sales experience calling on Contract Manufacturers - Hon Hai, Jabil, Flextronics, Celestica, Sanmina etc.
- Direct Customer, Channel and Territory Sales & Sales Management Experience.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.