Laird Careers Careers
Technical Support Engineer II
Based in our Wooburn Green office, the Technical Support Engineer is responsible for providing technical information and guidance in the support of assigned products working directly with both customers and internal departments. Assist the customer and/or sales channel in providing the best technical solution for the customer.Responsibilities
- Provide technical support and guidance to customer support inquiries. Follow up with customer technical requests as needed.
- Field general questions about Laird Technologies products and services. Be able to confidently address customer questions, general product capabilities, specifications, part numbers and general application guidelines.
- Interview customers to collect complete information regarding the technical requirements for their application. Consult with other subject matter experts within the organization when discussing more difficult applications to ensure the best solution.
- Keep work skills current to ensure Laird Technologies competitiveness in a dynamic global business environment. May require some travel to customer sites required providing design specific solutions.
- Adheres to quality and safety systems or maintenance of quality and safety standards.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Proficient with Bluetooth and BLE
- Ability to absorb product knowledge of all Laird Technologies products
- Ability to conduct a needs assessment to determine accurate understanding of customer needs
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Attention to detail a must
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or technical field
- Experience/knowledge in Bluetooth and BLE technology
- 2-5 Year related experience preferably with RF modules
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.