Laird Careers Careers
Business Systems Analyst
The Business Systems Analyst is responsible for defining, developing, configuring and testing business systems within the organization. As well, this role liaise with business stakeholders in discussing the business needs and matching them to the current or newly designed SW tools.Responsibilities
• Implementation, support and inventory control of systems.
• Act as a liaison between systems software development staff, management, and system end-users to determine requirements and obtain sign-off.
• Evaluate system specifications against business requirements.
• Establish systems specifications and objectives, based on business requirements and cost effectiveness, and provide recommendations to management personnel.
• Participate in systems development and design, including software programming and table, report, and panel design.
• Formulate test plans and coordinate and perform software testing.
• Coordinate the implementation of system software, including conversion of data to the new system, and work with application support personnel to resolve system problems.
• Document system specifications and note any changes in procedure.
• Provide technical support to system key-users.
• Deliver training and guidance to junior Business Systems Analysts.
• Maintain strong attention to detail in high-pressure situations.
• Solid understanding of business practices with fundamental understanding of project management methodology.
• Knowledge and appreciation of business concepts and requirements as applicable to a global manufacturing company.
• Ability to create and write training documentation for new programming and train/assist end users with UAT testing.
• Ability to work with various application platforms.
• Ability to develop and prepare business analyses and plans.
• Ability to process computer data into formatted reports.
• Strong knowledge in the areas of application design, database and system design.
• Good knowledge of security practices and procedures.
• Ability to effectively manage multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities, meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
• Ability to work with little supervision and capable of managing fairly complex projects
• Good communication skills and ability to lead project meetings and workshops.
• Good English knowledge (written and spoken) to communicate fluently within international project teams.
• Willigness to travel
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science and/or related fields. Experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
• A minimum of 3-6 years experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified
• A good knowledge of QAD or other ERP system from consultant or programmer level is an advantage
• Adequate programming skills (Progres 4GL, VisualBasic or HTML) are an advantage