Laird Careers Careers
Director of Distribution - Americas
The Director of Distribution - Americas is accountable for defining and executing various channel partner sales strategies. This will include the development of specific partner plans which detail appropriate method of engagement, critical partner support elements required to drive success, and expected revenue growth. Additionally, this position will participate in the identification and qualification of sales opportunities and the assignment of opportunities to appropriate sales personnel for follow up.Responsibilities
* Develop and maintain channel relationships with key partners, clearly identifying needs to win and driving two-way accountability for results.
* Maintain broad knowledge of accounts by establishing relationships with all management levels involved in managing, procuring and deciding upon technology solutions. Focus efforts on driving Laird as the solution of choice.
* Drive the development of sales KPI’s, statistics, forecasts and reports on sales activity within the channels.
* Understand and leverage knowledge of competitor products, pricing, and discount structures to inform our approach.
* Develop programs and initiatives within the channel to exploit opportunities and grow market share.
* Coordinate POS and inventory analysis to optimize stocking levels and revenue pull-through.
* Support and maintain customers within accounts. Develop new business opportunities within these accounts and their targeted selling groups.
* Coordinate the involvement of company personnel, including support, service, and management resources, in order to meet partner performance objectives and partners’ expectations.
* Generate monthly progress reports.
* Hands-on style that combines leading with active doing in a matrix environment.
* Experience working for and/or selling through major channel players in electronics, telecom, system integrator, and/or industrial automation Experience working with custom design (spec in) and standard products through regional and global channels, track record of significant growth.
* Excellent presentation and organization skills with a talent for customer interaction at all levels.
* Strong interpersonal & communication skills combined with a positive attitude and proactive approach.
* Ability to travel to trade shows and customer sites as necessary.
* Industry networking experience required.
* Thorough understanding of data communication concepts.
* Knowledge of two-tiered sales model (preferred).
* Provide sales statistics, forecasts and reports on sales activity within region and those requested by management.
* Previous experience working for and or selling to major partners.
* BA/BS and/or MBA in Business Administration (preferred), Sales and Marketing or related field.
* 5+ years of experience in a senior Sales role.
* 10+ years of experience in Sales with positions of increasing responsibility and accountability.
* 3 years selling to national accounts or through related technical channels (preferred).
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.