Laird Careers Careers
Business Systems Manager
This role is responsible for the all activities that support the development, deployment and operation of our enterprise business applications including ERP, PLM, CRM, EDW and our DevOps systems.Responsibilities
- Manage a small team of engineers who work closely with our product engineering teams to design and deliver highly critical business systems and infrastructure.
- Manage relationships with the internal teams and service providers who operate and support our business systems.
- Develop and manage business relationships with internal stakeholders as a trusted advisor, helping them achieve their business/strategic objectives with timely business solutions.
- With business and IT leadership, maintain and evolve our business systems strategy ensuring it supports our business strategies.
- With business and IT leadership, manage our IT project portfolio.
- With our IT service providers, design and implement enhancements to existing systems or entirely new systems to support our business strategy.
- Work with fellow IT personnel and our IT service providers to ensure the smooth operation of our business systems and minimize risk.
- Provide a transparent view into the utilization, effectiveness and total cost of our business systems.
- Lead ah-hoc, short-lived teams formed to address critical business issues.
- A strong technical background and the proven ability to rapidly understand business processes and new technologies.
- Ability to use a standard methodology to lead project teams and manage multiple efforts ensuring that they stay on track and that stakeholders are aware of progress and issues.
- Proven ability to use Microsoft Excel as an analytic tool against large datasets to make recommendations and decisions.
- Excellent verbal, written and group presentation skills.
- Must be flexible and able to adapt to changing requirements and schedules
- Able and willing to work remotely with virtual teams and travel domestically and internationally.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Science, Management Information Systems, or related field. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 5-10 years of IT related experience, including 2-5 years of IT management experience within a global company and direct systems implementation experience.
- Experience in direct supervision of IT staff.
- Experience managing a regionally disperse, multi-national workforce.
- Experience supporting IT needs of a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with project management methodologies (like Agile, Waterfall) is desired.
- Experience working/supporting DevOps principles and practices and the tools that support them is a plus.
- Experience with Cloud infrastructure and platform services (e.g, Azure, AWS) is desired.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.