Laird Careers Careers
Credit & Collection Specialist - Cleveland
Under general supervision of the Senior Finance Manager, the Credit/Collection Specialist provides administrative support in the credit and collections process of the Performance Materials Business in North America.
This role will have responsibility for an assigned portfolio of customers and will have primary accountability to seek timely payment of accounts receivables from our customers. As a part of this process, the role will manage a variety of challenges and obstacles to a successful collection outcome and performance guidelines as directed by management.
The role may also have additional assigned responsibilities for the department's reporting analysis to internal or external sources, including maintenance of Credit Hold Reporting status on customers, regular Credit Agency and A/R insurance reporting and coordinating internal and external communications with sales associates, CSRs and operations buyers. When appropriate, the role will recommend accounts for collection agency assignment and prepare supporting documents to that end.
The Credit/Collection Specialist works closely with the Accounts Receivable team members and supports both individual and team projects to completion. This role will regularly encounter ambiguity requiring the ability to calmly respond and logically address complaints and concerns that may arise in the performance of these responsibilities. As appropriate, the position will be expected to raise concerns to the Senior Finance Manager in a timely fashion where assistance is needed to correct issues encountered.Requirements
This role does the following tasks:
- Prepares outstanding accounts reports and gathers credit and/or reference information.
- Maintains collection database by entering, updating, and retrieving data, as well as formatting and generating reports.
- Assists in resolution of outstanding invoice problems from past due accounts.
- Responds to inquiries from customers or external collection resources.
- Place calls, investigate complaints or pursue communication with those accounts in arrears.
- Assure that the policies affecting invoicing and collections of receivables are followed, and processes requests for adjustments to be applied in accordance with company policies.
- Provides reporting and analysis upon request or as assigned by management.
- Engages strategy to optimally pursue and plan daily tasks to assure collections are timely.
- Makes recommendations as appropriate for change, amendment or improvement of systems, processes and methods.
- Excellent communication skills, people oriented personality.
- Capable of working within an unstructured environment with an ability to prioritize issues with minimum resources.
- Consistently meet or exceed commitments with the highest standards of ethics and integrity.
- Fluent oral and written English is a MUST
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel and Access.
Associates or Bachelor of Business is preferred but not required. A proven background in Credit & Collections is optimal, but will consider a variety of experiences including Customer Service experience, finance systems and process improvement capabilities, and general accounting or finance experience.
Key skills include the ability to work independently, manage work for optimal organization and efficiency, comfort with prompting communications to customers and key stake holders. Possess an ability to apply knowledge for problem resolution and interact with others comfortably in the resolution of issues.
This role will operate independently and will require the comfort to Skype with team peers over geographical and time zone distances.Other
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.